American Massage Therapy College has released a report that the US generates more than $12 billion annually just in a massage therapy industry and approximately 39.1 million adults are taking the massage at least once in a year to have a good health.
There are many benefits why people prefer these massage therapy, and few include it helps in enhancing blood flow, soothe sore muscles, relieves your stress naturally, etc. There are some massage techniques followed, used by doctors and therapist to overcome health conditions like anxiety, arthritis, and fibromyalgia.
Today let’s check about the types of massages, massaging techniques and their health benefits in detail.
Types of Massages
Proceed below to find the different style of massages!
Most of the trained massage therapist prefers to go with Swedish massage, and this is one of the traditional massage form followed worldwide. Five kneading strokes help in increasing the blood circulation; this can be performed gently, softer or firmer as per the request, this helps in manipulating the soft tissues.
Deep Tissue Massage
This massage is performed for treating injury rehabilitation, chronic muscular pain and reducing inflammation disorders namely arthritis; these massages go into the deep tissues or muscles to maintain your health.
This is performed for the sportspersons and athletes to increase the blood circulation flow even, also to warm their body and prevent any injuries. They can be done in post-event, pre-event and during the preventative treatment plans.
This massage is done for pregnant ladies for the proper health of mother and fetus. Performed on mother side and therefore they will be able to reduce the discomforts faced during the pregnancy both physically and emotionally.
This is an Ancient way of Japanese massage done similar to the acupressure to restore the body balance and also to unblock the energy flow. The best type of massager that all love to undergo is the Shiatsu Foot Massager as they help in keeping you healthy and to face the remaining forms active.
The other name of this massage is nuad bo rarn which is practiced over 2500 years in Thailand during the sacred ceremonies. These massages differ from massage that is performed on the table; rather they are executed on the floor.
Soft Tissue Massage
This massage was incorporated in Europe, and this was performed for the runners and sportspersons. Your muscles are places in the right positions and then manipulated softly for relieving from any pain or muscle strains.
This is an ancient Eastern massaging art that makes use of the fingers to get rid of the pain by identifying the key points on the skin; this will help in stimulating the energy channels, lowers muscular problems, tensions and also enhances even blood flow.
Benefits of Massage
Here are some of the health benefits of Massage and the reasons why you need to take them.
- Helps to relieve mental stress and keep you active.
- In the case of older adults, massaging can improver greater balance.
- Capable of providing the relief from postoperative pain.
- There is medical proof that regular massage even decreases any arthritis pain like rheumatoid.
- Reduces Anxiety, depression, and anger slowly.
- Temper the effects caused due to Dementia.
- Helps in decreasing your lower back pain easily.
- You will be able to stay active and relaxed even after a stressful day.
- Lowers blood pressure and another risk for diseases.
- Decrease in Muscle Tension
- High chances for the decrease in carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Reduces Chronic neck pains.
- A greater improvement in exercising performance.
- Lowers any pain caused in the body namely joints, muscles, etc.
- You will get sound sleep when compared before.
- Poop freely.
- Increase in range of motion.
- Helps in decreasing any migraines caused.
- A greater improvement in cardiovascular health.
- Help you to stay fit, active and provide a younger appearance look.
- Banish bloating, mood swings, weight gain, headaches and other PMS symptoms quickly.
- Boost your immunity
Keep enjoying your favorite massage and the benefits of it by choosing the right type of massage you need. There are also a variety of massagers opt for different parts of your body.
Stay fit, healthy, active and relaxed by taking massages regularly.
About The Author:
Mohammed is a leading massage therapist who runs a group of spas in the United States. He writes on various topics in his blog massagerland.