In a society that has led us to believe that being thin is the only way to feel beautiful, many of us we are trapped in endless diets and the frustration of not achieving to meet social expectations. However, everybody is different and every person is beautiful in a different way. We all have an inner beauty that makes us feel special. In addition, we enjoy all different attributes that allow us to look beautiful.
Here I offer five tips for you to learn to love and accept your body the way it is today.
- Make a list of the ten most beautiful things you see in your body and are not related to your weight. Read this list often and add more things that you like about yourself as you become aware of them.
- Remind yourself that “true beauty” is not your body but on your person, in your sense of confidence and self-esteem, your self-acceptance and the ability to open up to new experiences. Remember that beauty is a state of mind and body.
- Look in the mirror as a whole person and comprehensive. Do not focus on the flaws but in the whole mind, body and spirit.
- Treat your body like the temple where resides your soul and do different things to take care of: take a bubble bath or a nap, apply a mask or hair treatment and appreciates how important it is to take care of your body while you relax.
- Appreciates and celebrates all that your body can do for you every day. Do not forget to breathe, dance, sing and laugh through your body.
Every time you think you’re not pretty enough, thin, tall, short, slim or muscular, think of all that you are and represent. Value your body and appreciates everything she does for you!