Disaster recommendations for action in the event of disaster like earthquakes.
Review and strengthen the building elements that can break more easily (chimneys, eaves, balconies …) and facilities that can be broken (electricity, gas, water, sanitation …).
Check the placement and support shelves and heavy items that could fall (tables, lamps …), and fragile objects that can break.
Learn and review the location of toxic or hazardous products that may spill.
During the shaking:
- Try to stay calm and stay where you are. The shaking only lasts a few seconds, but then followed by other smaller or replicas, they can be strong enough to cause additional damage.
- During shaking, inside buildings:
- Avoid fled the building for the duration of the shock.
- Seek shelter under the doorposts or some sturdy furniture such as tables, benches, beds, or along with columns or bearing walls.
- Stay away from windows, glass, fireplaces, walls and objects that could fall on you.
During shaking, abroad:
- Find an open area away from buildings, high walls, cables and other objects that may fall.
- If is traveling by car, stop and stay inside the vehicle during shaking, taking care to move away from buildings, bridges, utility poles or areas of landslides.
Stopping the shock:
- Prepare to receive new shocks or major aftershocks.
When the shaking stopped, inside the buildings:
- Shut off water, gas and electricity, turn off the heat and radiators, use flashlights for lighting and avoid the use of candles or any type of flame that can cause an explosion or fire.
- Check if there are spills of hazardous materials.
- Leave the building, having collected documents, clothes, a transistor, etc..
- Do not go through areas where landslides are occurring.
- Close doors and windows, not forgetting the keys.
- Never use the elevators.
After the earthquake, in the interior of the buildings:
- Avoid wonder where broken glass, power lines, etc.., And do not touch metal objects in contact with them.
- Clean up spills of hazardous materials.
- Do not drink water that does not meet all hygiene guarantees.
- Check that the drain pipes are in perfect condition and allow the proper discharge of drainage water and toilets.
- Strictly follow the health and hygiene standards in food.
- Remove dead animals and notify health authorities for proper disposal.
After the earthquake, abroad:
- Circle in the middle of the streets, watching the falling objects.
- Find an open area away from damaged buildings, utility poles and other objects that may fall.
- No smoke or fire.
- Avoid walking the streets or enter damaged buildings.
- Stay informed and follows the instructions that may be given.
- Help rescue or cleaning equipment to dig out the stretch of road next to the house itself.
Disaster recommendations for action in the event of disaster like explosions.
Always follow the disclosure.
If you must remain in the building:
Stay away from windows and take cover on the opposite side of where the explosion is expected.
Protect the crystals sticking a blade with duct tape, closing blinds and curtains.
Build a dam with tables, chairs and other furniture.