The pandemic highlighted the dangers of coming in contact with contagious illnesses in the waiting room at the doctor’s office.
In-home healthcare has become far more popular, but what kinds of care can you get?
Read on to learn if in-home healthcare can really meet your needs.
1. Primary and urgent health care
Mobile Primary and urgent care health services allow you to get the treatments you need, but conveniently in the comfort of your home. Examples of typical concierge services offered include:
- Primary care physician: Get your annual shots and exams, get specialist referrals, and work towards long-term health goals
- Medication management: Obtain prescription refills and as-needed medications necessary to recover from temporary illness
- Urgent care house calls; Treatment for conditions like cold or flu; food poisoning; sinus and ear infections; bronchitis; and migraines
Primary care services are often supported by telehealth as well, meaning you get more time and access to your doctor than your usual 15-minute appointment.
2. Lab testing
Lab tests can help you understand your current health from a genetic standpoint, enabling you to care for yourself in a more effective way. Samples for a wide variety of lab tests can be taken in the comfort of your home, such as:
- Determine allergens, food sensitivities, and test for toxins
- Identify hormone imbalances, vitamin deficiencies, and determine the aging rate
- Test for infections like STDs and Tuberculosis
- Genetic testing and comprehensive wellness panels to assess health status, identity future concerns, and help develop long term health goals
A healthcare professional will come to your home and administer your selected tests, ensuring samples get to the lab safely. Once lab processing is complete and your results come back, the doctor can review them with you, give the context of the results, and discuss ways to optimize your health.
3. Diagnostic testing
You may be surprised to learn that technology exists to get x-rays at home! Some examples of mobile diagnostic testing available include:
- Ultrasound: Creates images of soft tissue structures, like gallbladder, liver, kidneys, and other areas
- ECG/EKG: Electrocardiograms record the heart’s electrical signals to detect heart conditions
- Echocardiogram: These tests detect how different parts of the heart pump blood
Mobile diagnostic testing services can be especially comforting to families concerned about unvaccinated children coming in contact with the Delta variant.
4. IV therapy
IV therapies offer treatments for a wide variety of ailments that can help you recover faster and reach your general wellness goals. Effects can be felt very quickly, sometimes as soon as your average 30-60 minute session is over.
This is because vitamins, hydrating fluids, and medicines administered intravenously enter the bloodstream directly, rather than having to travel through the digestive system.
In addition to speed, IV treatment also means nutrients typically lost in the digestive process get absorbed by the body, ensuring you’re well-fueled to feel your best.
Common IV therapy formulas include:
- Energy boost, workout recovery, and rehydration
- Hangover, beauty, and weight loss
- Stomach flu, Myer’s Cocktail, and immune boost
5. Cosmetic treatments
Cosmetic medicine is no longer restricted to the doctor’s office. You can arrange for a healthcare professional to come to your home and perform a number of treatments. This is a perfect choice for anyone who has been interested in a cosmetic treatment but is too shy or embarrassed to pursue it.
Typical in-home cosmetic services include:
- Dermal Fillers
- Hair Restoration
- Chemical Peels
- Micro gold facials
6. Testosterone replacement therapies
If you have symptoms of low male hormone levels and are looking for a discreet way to receive treatment, this option may interest you. Services will come to your home and perform a lab draw to test your hormone levels.
You’ll then work with a healthcare provider via telemedicine monthly to determine your plan. After this, you will receive a custom kit in the mail with all the equipment you need to self-administer injections. These services are a discreet way to make sure you’re feeling your best for years to come.
7. NAD+ Therapy
NAD+ therapies supplement the naturally occurring coenzyme that has been linked to slowing or sometimes reversing the impact of aging, neurodegenerative disorders, and substance abuse on the body.
In-home services may take the form of at-home IV therapy or custom monthly self-injection kits under the guidance of a medical professional via telehealth.
NAD+ therapy can:
- Boost energy and mental clarity
- Aid in recovery and increase metabolic function
- Improve mental clarity, memory, and concentration
A house call concierge MD service is a convenient option whether you work from home or are a busy professional in need of reliability and a modern approach. Consider trying in-home healthcare the next time you’re in need of an appointment!
About The Author:
Stacey Smith is a freelance health writer. She is passionate to write about women’s health, dental health, diabetes, endocrinology, and nutrition and provides in-depth features on the latest in health news for medical clinics and health magazines.