(Photo by Dainis Graveris on SexualAlpha)
- Erectile dysfunction is a common male affliction, with up to 52% of all men over 40 years of age having some degree of dysfunction.
- And while some symptoms of erectile dysfunction are obvious, a few changes may be more subtle or slowly build up over time giving you an early warning sign that something is off.
- The following erectile dysfunction symptoms may be noticed alone and potentially brushed off, but if these symptoms happen often or are starting to affect your sex life, relationships, or self-esteem, it may be time to consult with a medical professional either in person or through an online consultation.
1. 10 Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms
- Inability to get an erection
- Inability to maintain an erection
- Reduced interest in or desire for sex
- Softer erections
- Reductions in the thickness of erections
- Changes in the erection shape or angle
- Inability to have satisfactory sex
- Reduced penile sensitivity
- Achieving an erection taking longer than usual
- Infrequent or less rigid morning erections
|Read also: Can Foods Helps To Treat Erectile Dysfunction? Know here|
2. When is it not Erectile Dysfunction
- Having a few scattered unsatisfactory performances is normal, and you could just be having an off day, but when erectile issues start happening regularly or persist for more than a month, you could be experiencing erectile dysfunction.
- If you are reading this article worried after having only one bad night – you are likely in the clear, but keep an eye out for a pattern to see if this is a lingering issue.
3. Ask your partner about changes
- If you are in a relationship where you feel comfortable speaking to your partner about your concerns, ask them if they have any different sensations or have noticed differences in your erections over time.
- Your partner may be able to provide some insight into if there are trends in dysfunction or changes over time, and will likely be willing to help you work through it together.
4. When to speak with a doctor
- Once you have identified that there is a pattern of dysfunction or you are feeling worried or distressed from your current functioning, it is time to consult with a medical professional.
- Visiting with a doctor in-person or online will help you evaluate if you are a good candidate for treatment with ED medications to help you if your ED stems from a physical problem, or if it is a psychological issue that may be better handled through couples therapy.
|See also: Natural Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction|
5. com for Online ED Treatment
- Here at Strut, we know that sexual health is an important part of a healthy, happy, and balanced life.
- That is why all of our U.S. licensed doctors are well versed in medications for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Taking Control of ED
Erectile dysfunction affects older and younger men. This health issue has numerous treatments depending on your underlying health conditions.
A penis pump, as seen here, is one kind of treatment for ED. The device helps you achieve an erection long enough to have sex. Using a penis pump can also make the activity more pleasurable. Find the best ways to overcome ED today!
About The Author:
Jill Barat, is a Doctor of Pharmacy with a unique background in specialty pharmacy, innovative compounding products, supplements, and integrative medicine with a passion for helping patients live their best lives.