Has anybody ever told you they could not sleep last night because of your snoring? Has it been more than once or twice? Don’t you worry; there are ways to fix this problem.
About 90 million Americans suffer from snoring activity during sleep, while half of these people are simple snorers – you are not the only one.
Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. Snoring is caused by the relaxation of the muscles in your soft palate (roof of your mouth), tongue, and throat. The tissues in your throat can get so relaxed that they partially block your airway and vibrate as air rushes past. The narrower your airway, the more intense vibration, and the louder the snore.
So what can you do to prevent snoring? There are many devices and ways to prevent snoring, here are five:
- ZenSleep – This is an anti-snoring device that comes with an all-in-one system that is guaranteed to stop snoring. The package comes with a ZenGuard (which stops snoring by retaining the tongue gently forward), ZenVents (which stops snoring by maximizing airflow in nasal passageways), ZenStrap (stops snoring by gently supporting the lower jaw while keeping the airway open and unrestricted), ZenMask (blocks out 100% of light, soft and 3D contoured), and ZenPlugs (helps with noise reduction).
- Stay Hydrated – It is normal for us to drink water, but if you are having snoring problems, you might want to consider drinking more. Water can help to break down the mucus. You should already be consuming about 10-12 glasses a day for women and up to 16 for men. Try to steer away from beverages that dehydrate you, such as tea, soda, and coffee.
- Raise the Head of Your Bed – Try raising the head of your bed about 4 inches or so, which may help keep your tongue from falling back and blocking your throat. This may help to open up your airways a little bit. Try using a block of books or even sturdy blocks of wood to bring up the few inches on your bed. Also finding a pillow that keeps your head and neck in a proper position will definitely help with the snoring.
- Try Other Sleeping Positions – The easiest way to cure snoring issues is to try different sleeping positions. All you need to is a body pillow – this enables you to stay in the same sleeping position throughout the entire night.
- Battle those Allergies – If you are suffering from chronic allergies, you might want to seek medical attention. Surprisingly, allergies can be the culprit of your snoring issues!
Try using a humidifier in your bedroom to maintain a moisturized room and avoid dryness.
Give these easy snoring solutions a go – and see if they help get rid of your snoring! Good luck!
About The Author:
Usman Raza is a marketing specialist at Zensleep and Keeva Organics. Aside from doing dental SEO and helping dentists get new patients when not working there is a 95% chance he is praying for his family. Follow him on Facebook @usmanraza40 and Twitter @usmanintrotech.