How many of you knew that the other name for sneezing is sternutation! Not many, we are pretty sure. Right? Although, sneezing is good for your overall health but too much of it could become really irritating and there is a possible reason that it must be happening due to some kind of infection in your body. A lot of sneezing happening, again and again, could be because of some major triggers like animal dander, pollen, and dust particles. Sneezing is the natural method adopted by the body to throw out or expel the particles that might have falsely entered the body.
Did you know that sneezing is a semi-autonomous reflex just like blinking or breathing are? But, what does that mean? It means that our body has conscious control over these activities that our bodies carry.
Here, we are not talking about the regular sneezing or that which you get when you are suffering from cold. It is which you get seasonally or due to the presence of something around you; some examples are
- Dust Particles
- Changing season
- Animal Dander
Ayurveda is the best medicine for treating sneezing allergy. A few things to practice in order to solve the problem are:
- Eat light, warm, cooked and natural foods that are easy to digest. Organic vegetables are the best when it comes to staying healthy. You wouldn’t want to aggravate your problems by eating foods that are bought from outside.
- Use a little bit of butter in everything that you eat as that helps soothe the mucous membrane. Olive oil is best recommended for this as it is healthy as well as has more healthy properties to donate to our body.
- Use spices that give warmth to our bodies like black pepper, turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne.
- Ginger tea is super yummy to taste and twice as healthy. Drink it twice daily. However, avoid drinking too much during the summers.
- Practice Pranayama daily.
- Eat Amla or Indian Gooseberry as it will help strengthen your immune system. You can enjoy it raw or have it as a drink. It has no side effects, in fact, you can enjoy eating it many times, daily.
- You must have definitely heard of tulsi! It is being used since time immemorial and still, it is praised for the endless benefits that it gives us. Take water, boil it and put 3-4 tulsi leaves in it. Take the magical drink before going to bed and you would be more than grateful to notice the health benefits that it will give you.
- Citrus fruits are not only bright to look but they also have properties that can brighten up your life. These fruits will help to build the system of the body.
- Nasya is an infamous ayurvedic practice that involves putting drops of herbal oil in the nasal passage. Putting the oil drops in the passage will lubricate and also give you relief as by putting oil allergens would not be able to irritate your nasal lining directly.
- Eliminate dairy from your diet and especially cold dairy and even if you do not wish to quit it completely then reduce its intake. Dairy must be avoided as it is dense, cold and heavy.
- Consumes 2 teaspoons of raw honey daily as it helps save from dust allergies.
Ayurvedic medicine for allergy sneezing
Whatever disease you must be suffering from, no matter whatever could be the problem you always look for quick ways to get rid of it. Nothing can heal like Ayurveda. From sneezing, stomach infections, digestive problems to anything major, Ayurveda has an answer for everything. If you face any problem then, do not stay back from consulting a doctor as soon as possible. With the use of Ayurvedic medicine, you will see the problem disappear in a few days. So, let the ayurvedic medicine treat your sneezing allergy!
About The Author:
Dr. Satnam Singh is an expert Ayurveda consultant in Jalandhar (India) and the Founder of the Arogyam Allergy Centre. He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. For Ayurveda treatment of sneezing allergy, Contact him!