The Charite University Hospital in Berlin is invariably ranked first among German and European university hospitals. Specialists from the Charite provide medical services to over 150.000 inpatients and over 1.000.000 outpatients annually. This number includes patients from abroad, as foreigners often visit the Charite in the search of unique and innovative treatments.
The Charite University Hospital in Berlin is invariably ranked first among German and European university hospitals. Specialists from the Charite provide medical services to over 150.000 inpatients and over 1.000.000 outpatients annually. This number includes patients from abroad, as foreigners often visit the Charite in the search of unique and innovative treatments. In addition to state-of-art medical help in all areas of care, the hospital serves as the training base for over 7.000 medical students and young doctors annually, which additionally confirms the high qualification of the healthcare professionals.
Areas of specialization
The Charite University Hospital includes four medical facilities (i.e. campuses) that are located in different areas of Berlin. These are Campus Berlin Buch, Campus Charite Mitte, Campus Virchow-Klinikum and Campus Benjamin Franklin.
As a multidisciplinary healthcare institution, Charite offers services in all fields of medical practice. Nevertheless, the hospital has areas of special competence. Such departments include:
- Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery has special competence in minimally invasive ablation techniques for treatment of liver metastases. Other clinical focuses include therapy of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases and aortic aneurysm.
- Department of Cardiology and Angiology ranks among the best German medical facilities that offer treatment of cardiovascular pathology. It offers the whole spectrum of functional and electrophysiological tests, invasive catheter diagnostics and therapy.
- Charite Comprehensive Cancer Center combines active practical work with the extensive clinical research for optimization of existing and elaboration of the novel techniques in the sphere of cancer treatment. Doctors from this center work in close cooperation with other hospital departments.
- Center for Proton Therapy BerlinProtonen is another specialized unit for oncology treatment. It admits patients with melanoma, retinoblastoma, and hemangioma.
- Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery performs over 5000 interventions annually, offering a combination of neuromonitoring and intraoperative imaging systems with excellent skills of surgeons.
In addition, the hospital offers specialized care for patients with metabolic disorders and complicated epilepsy cases.
Receiving treatment in Charite with Booking Health
For those international patients that are interested in diagnostic services or treatment in the Charite University Hospital Berlin it will be useful to contact Booking Health.
The international company Booking Health is the certified (ISO 9001:2015 quality control certificate) provider of medical tourism that offers a comprehensive arrangement of treatment in Germany, including medical programs in the Charite University Hospital:
- Choosing the right department of the clinic, selecting a treating physician.
- Establishing preliminary communication with the clinic.
- Review of previous medical reports and preparing the preliminary medical program.
- Booking the appointment, including the urgent one.
- Additional monitoring of a medical program at all its stages.
- Providing favorable costs for treatment in Germany, excluding the additional coefficients for foreigners (saving up to 50%).
- Help in buying and forwarding necessary medical products.
- Receiving medical reports and communication with the clinic after program completion.
- Control of bills and final calculation, return of unspent funds.
- Organization of follow-up examinations, additional interventions.
- Offering travel service of the highest level: booking accommodation, plane tickets, transfer organization.