You may be familiar with castor oil but not entirely with Jamaican black variety. So, how are they different? How does the Jamaican black type of castor oil help?
Castor oil is the oil extracted from cold-pressed castor oil plant seed. The oil’s transparent and pale yellow color comes from the cold-pressing process of extraction.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil, on the contrary, is extracted using a traditional extraction method. The castor oil plant seeds are roasted and pulverized first.
After the water is added, these mashed beans are boiled slowly using wood fire. The dark brown, pungent, thick, and unadulterated end product is Jamaican black castor oil.
How can this oil benefit your skin?
The concentration of fatty acids in the oil helps improve one’s skin health. Omega 9 can also help treat acne and other kinds of skin inflammation. The oil’s antibacterial and antifungal properties also help heal such infections as ringworm, eczema, jock itch, and takes care of the hair.
Aside from those mentioned above, here are other benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
1. It can treat acne.
There are many pieces of evidence supporting the claim that Jamaican black oil can heal acne. You can use it as a facial cleanser. All you need are 100% pure Jamaican black oil, a washcloth, and steaming water.
To use, follow these steps:
- Pour enough amount of oil on your palm.
- To warm the oil up, rub it on your palm in a clockwise manner.
- Gently massage the oil into your face. Concentrate on the problematic areas.
- Let your face absorb the oil.
- Soak your washcloth in hot, steaming water.
- Gently remove the oil on your face with the use of the soaked washcloth. Do this twice. The wet washcloth can remove the grime, dirt, and makeup on your face.
- If you feel your face getting tighter after cleansing, pour two to three drops of oil on your palms and massage them into your face.
- Repeat the process twice a week.
2. Jamaican black can treat your chapped lips.
With the use of Jamaican black oil, you can make a lip treatment for chapped lips. For this, you’ll need the following:
- 3 tbsps. Jamaican castor oil
- 1 tbsp. Beeswax
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 5 drops of your favorite essential oil
Follow these steps for chapped lip treatment:
- Mix the castor oil, beeswax, and butter in a container.
- With the use of a bain-marie, melt the said mixture.
- Make sure that the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Once it turns homogenous, turn off the heat, and add your chosen essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm containers.
- Let the mixture cool and start using it on your chapped lips.
3. Jamaican castor oil can fight skin aging.
Though aging is inevitable, it won’t hurt to keep your skin healthy and young-looking. Jamaican castor oil’s emollient properties can help you ward off wrinkles. The oil can moisturize your skin, giving it a younger and more polished glow.
Follow these simple steps to use Jamaican castor as a skin moisturizer:
- Use your cleanser to cleanse your skin gently.
- Dry your skin by patting it dry with a towel.
- With a cotton ball, remove any trace of your facial cleanser.
- Pour a generous amount of castor oil into your palm and apply gently on your face.
- Massage problematic areas like fine lines and wrinkles. Try working from your eye’s outer edges to the inner circle of your nose.
- Repeat the process twice a day.
About The Author:
This is Kevin, a full-time professional blogger. He loves to travel and try new food, surfing and definitely a music addict. He also loves to write on trending ideas on various topics that prove helpful to others with their personal and business works.