Cancer is one of the most deadly diseases that cause emotional and financial damage to families all over the world. When someone is diagnosed with cancer, his or her life seems to go down the hill. Every year, the number of people getting diagnosed with cancer is increasing at a rapid speed. But there is good news, due to advancements in science and technology, more and more people are getting cured of cancer. In most countries, treatment for cancer makes a big dent in your pocket and really exhaust all your savings. So getting good and affordable treatment for cancer is a big question. Also deciding your doctor for the treatment is a huge decision and takes time to decide.
People who live in India as well as around the world travel to India for their cancer treatments. India has all the advanced facilities, knowledge, affordable cost and experienced doctors who met all the requirements people look for before their treatment. These are the reasons India has been able to achieve the maximum success rate in cancer treatment by seeking better infrastructure and more advancements in therapies.
As we know, cancer is a complex condition and for its treatment, the hospitals in India provide a multi-disciplinary approach to improve the survival rate of cancer patients visiting them. So it needs a medical opinion from various oncologists such as a medical oncologist, a radiation specialist, a hematological oncologist, and a surgical oncologist.
The places that people prefer for their cancer treatment are Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, and Hyderabad. All the cities mentioned above have a widespread transport network that includes metro, buses, and cabs. You can find a list of the best cancer hospital in India on ClinicSpots.
Here are different types of cancer treatments that are available in India. Few people undergo only one treatment but most people undergo a combination of treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy with surgery.
The different types of treatment for cancer mainly include:
- Surgery: India has acclaimed surgeons who can perform complex surgeries. Along with that, minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery are also available here at an affordable cost.
- Radiation Therapy: In India, the cancer hospitals offer all the latest state of the art technologies. It is one of the most effective treatments in India for cancer.
- Chemotherapy: This is basically an aggressive form of chemical drug therapy. Also, it is a systematic treatment and one of the successful options for cancer treatment in India.
- Immunotherapy: It is also called as Biological Therapy. In India, the researchers are developing drugs for immunotherapy so that the treatment tends to be cost-effective.
- Hormone Therapy: It basically reduces the risk of cancer returning. India has the best doctors with extensive knowledge about this therapy.
- Stem Cell Transplant: It is also known as a bone marrow transplant. India has internationally acclaimed BMT centers where highly trained and experienced doctors to perform the complex transplants.
- Targeted Therapy: This therapy tends to be a blessing for cancer patients as it is an effective therapy for most types of cancer. Continuous research is being done to research the effectiveness of targeted therapy when combined with another therapy.
New inventions have been made for the more accurate cancer diagnosis like the gamma camera, liquid biopsy, Digital mammography, brain needle biopsy and many more. This technology helps in the early detection of cancer and monitoring its progression and response to treatment. Other advantages of these latest technologies are they operate tumors that are very close to sensitive organs, minimal blood loss, reduces surgery and recovery time, less risk of infections, reduced visibility of scars and low reoccurrence rate.
Now, we have listed some of the best cancer treatment hospitals in India:
- Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- KIDWAI, Bangalore
- Indraprastha Hospital, Delhi
- Columbia Hospital, Bangalore
- Max Hospital, Delhi
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Artemis Hospital, Haryana
- Kokilaben Institute, Mumbai
- Medanta- The Medicity, Haryana.
These hospitals are internationally acclaimed, affordable and have advanced cancer treatments.
India is one of the fastest developing countries. Dreadful diseases like cancer require extensive treatment which is available in India at a reasonable price. Also, it is said that India has the best doctors for cancer treatment practice in India. Hence, you should choose India for your cancer treatment.
About The Author:
Peter Pani has seldom ever had the need for hard-soled shoes as he has always managed to float rather than walk. However, when he does invest in shoes he always uses orthotic shoes and has had years of experience in choosing and picking as a consumer