Are you looking for an ancient therapy to lift up your mood?
If the answer is yes, massage therapy really works by kneading, tapping, stroking, and pressing the soft tissues of the body.
Ranging from soft to vigorous, even a bit uncomfortable but will help you to enhance your well-being by lifting up your mood and will improve your sleep.
There are several types of massage:
- Sports massage – It is used to help heal sports injuries. It is an application of massage, not proper therapy. This therapy helps overworked muscles to recover quickly.
- Swedish massage – It is the most common type of full body massage
- Neuromuscular massage – This massage helps to balance the nervous system and the muscles. In this therapy, they use pressure on specific points to release pain.
- Aromatherapy massage – In this therapy, they massage with essential oils
- Shiatsu – It uses stretching and is a Japanese massage, used with finger pressure. It is just similar to acupuncture.
- Deep tissue massage – used for long-standing and deep muscular problems
How massage therapy helps cancer patients?
Dealing with cancer is such a stressful thing, and you need to alleviate your pain at this point. New research is bringing a strategy to understand massage therapy’s value in the care plans to the professionals and the patients.
1. Relieve stress and anxiety
According to research, massage therapy is one of the best ways to reduce anxiety and stress for people suffering from cancer. It helps to reduce stress hormones, which will give other health benefits too.
2. Mood disorders
When a person is dealing with so many outcomes, it’s expected that their mood changes. Research in which massage therapy helps you deal with the most common problems of depression and mood disorders. Depression is associated with lower survival rates in women. But sometimes, this therapy doesn’t work due to antidepressant drugs.
3. Pain control
As with nausea and vomiting, cancer patients feel a lot of pain, but it can be reduced with the help of therapy. Pain varies from the stage of cancer. The good news is you can reduce the pain with massage therapy. The massage helps increase the release of endorphins, which is associated with a reduction in pain.
4. Quality of Life
According to research, therapy helps to cope with the cancers and thus reduces physical symptoms and improves life quality. Sometimes to treat yourself, you need to find something to relax you at any cost. Go and find the best massage therapy and enhance your conventional treatment.
5. Reducing Nausea
Cancer treatment has a variety of side effects; the most common are vomiting and nausea. According to new research, massage can help patients to find relief from these symptoms.
6. Improves sleep
Not only does it benefit you to relieve stress, but it also encourages a night of restful sleep. According to the research of Warwick university, massage helps every person to release tension and to sleep more without any main in the muscles.
7. Adds positivity in your life
Cancer patients are so bold, but there is some missing factor in their life that is positivity. Massage therapy is going to give you a gentle and caring touch that will make you feel like you are getting pampered as a child.
Side Effects Of Massage Therapy
According to the studies, most people don’t find any side effects, but you might feel sleepy, tired, or thirsty after having a massage. You can also feel tearful or emotional for some time. Don’t worry, In massage therapy, they mainly focus on muscles, acupuncture points, and soft tissues.
Facts About Massage Therapy
- Massage is the oldest form of care.
- In America, one-fourth of adults have tried massage therapy at least once to relieve pain.
- According to research, therapy can reduce hypertension and can boost immunity.
- 70% of the massage therapy hospitals offer massage to their staff for stress management.
- Massage therapy reduces heart rate that reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- A 60 minutes massage is equal to 7-8 hours of sleep.
- The first sense to develop in humans is the sense of touch.
Roughly, 1.8 million people in the U.S are diagnosed with cancer. There are many traditional treatments to cure like surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation but what happens is they give the side effects that make the disease more taxing.
It also helps in alleviating Lymphedema that is developed because of cancer treatment, causing swelling in arms and legs.
There is no scientific evidence that massage therapy will treat cancer but to help you in handling the symptoms like stress, pain, nausea, etc, massage therapy is going to help you to tackle the mind relationship.
About The Author:
Vaishali Sonik a.k.a Seogirl is one of the leading content writers who are renowned globally among the brands for her set of skills. With her experience in working for businesses across the world, she is the best resource today if you are looking for a digital marketer. Her skills as a content writer, content marketer, social media expert are exceptionally acknowledgeable. She can definitely help you build a strong online reputation. To know about her and her services you can simply visit seogirl.in