The cannabis industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and that comes as no surprise considering all the physical and mental benefits it brings. Whether for recreational or medicinal purposes, cannabis has been confirmed to be one of the most efficient natural treatments with no adverse effects, and that is the biggest reason why it attracts so much attention.
If you are curious, here are some of the most unbelievable facts you have ever read about the cannabis industry:
- In 2018, the cannabis industry was worth $10.4 billion.
- In 2015, around 183 million people worldwide used cannabis in one way or another.
- According to some estimates, seniors are the fastest-growing group of cannabis users in the US.
- Heavy cannabis users may lose an average of 8 IQ points between the ages of 13 and 38.
- In 2017, sales of recreational and medical cannabis in the US were almost nine times higher than sales of Oreo cookies.
- A study from 2014 discovered that 30% of the heaviest pot users in Colorado were responsible for 87% of the cannabis demand.
- Uruguay and Canada are the only countries in the world where recreational cannabis use for adults is legal for all citizens.
- In 2014, eight out of ten doctors supported the idea that medical cannabis should be legalized across the entire country.
- 91% of Americans believe cannabis should be legalized, according to the latest survey.
- In 2017, the cannabis industry employed 250,000 people.
- The cannabis market is expected to grow at a rate of 30% per year, and prices should decline by up to 50% due to oversupply.
- Spending on legal cannabis worldwide is expected to reach $63 billion!
That is just the beginning of the cannabis era! More research is still needed to grasp the full potential of the cannabis plant. Still, if the current discoveries are any indication, it will continue to surprise us and help us learn new ways of helping our body with no side effects included.
While we wait to see what the future brings, make sure you check out this cannabis infographic too. It contains a lot more unbelievable facts and stats about the cannabis industry that will leave you speechless.