As the world continues to marvel about the yoni egg, which is gaining global popularity, many things about it are not entirely clear.
Most people only know the yoni egg by appearance but not much about using it or what it is made of.
This article attempts to give answers to such questions that are frequently asked about the jade egg.
What is a Yoni Egg?
A yoni egg is essentially an egg-shaped crystal. The word yoni is a Sanskrit word that refers to the female genitalia but is more commonly used to refer to the vagina.
The yoni egg is therefore used to refer to the egg-shaped stones that are inserted in the vaginal canal for their purported benefits.
The yoni egg is usually highly polished to give a smooth feel. This is not only important for the appeal but also for the safety of the user. It comes in a variety of sizes and is made from many types of crystals.
Where Did Yoni Eggs come from?
The jade egg is purported to originate from the ancient Chinese civilizations where it is said to have been used by the royal women.
It is said that the jade crystal was considered very powerful and was curved to the jade egg, which was consequently used by empresses and the emperor’s concubines.
The egg was supposedly used to boost youth, increase the women’s sexual prowess, help with their fertility, and increase their vitality.
However, it is worth pointing out there is no concrete scientific proof that this was the case or that the jade crystal was used for these purposes.
Why do people use yoni eggs?
As mentioned above, the jade egg’s purported benefits have to do with sexual prowess, pleasure, and wellbeing. Here are some of the alleged benefits of using the jade egg:
- When used frequently and consistently, the pelvic floor stones are said to force the vaginal muscles to do Kegels to hold the egg in, which in turn strengthens the pelvic floor and tightens the vaginal muscles. The benefits of this include a firmer grip in penetrative sex, reduced symptoms of incontinence, reduced risk of uterine prolapse, and faster post-maternal healing.
- The jade egg is claimed to be beneficial spiritually, especially when incorporated with breathwork, yoga, and meditation. Depending on the type of exercise and crystals involved, it is said to help one reconnect with their inner selves, get past trauma, promote better sexual wellness, improve clarity and improve one’s feelings of love, pleasure, and compassion.
- It is also claimed that the jade egg has various benefits emotionally and meditation, yoga, or breathwork practices, can help one achieve better emotional health. It helps one focus, relax, and calm down to reduce pressure, stress, anxiety, insomnia, anger, and depression.
Are yoni eggs safe?
Your safety when using a yoni egg will generally depend on individual factors such as medical status. Here are some things to consider before using a jade egg:
- Pregnant women should avoid using the jade egg as it could interfere with their pregnancy and cause complications.
- Women on their periods should not use the jade egg as it may worsen period cramps. It is also very messy.
- Women recovering from childbirth should wait until they have healed fully to use the jade egg without slowing down their recovery or re-opening healing wounds.
- Women recovering from infections in their reproductive system should wait until they are healed fully to avoid hurting themselves and slowing down their healing.
- Women recovering from surgery around their reproductive systems should avoid using the jade egg until they heal fully to avoid re-opening stitches and antagonizing healing wounds.
- Women with special conditions such as heart problems, asthma, arthritis, and other disorders or those under particular medication should consult with their doctors before using the yoni egg.
It would be best if you also were careful when purchasing your yoni egg. Getting yours from a trusted manufacturer will save you the agony and money you could spend treating injuries and chemical poisoning from fake crystals or replacing fake broken eggs.
How do I use a yoni egg?
Using a yoni egg is reasonably straightforward. The routine will largely depend on your intended purposes and the type of exercises you want to incorporate. Here’s a simple step-by-step approach:
- Clean your egg thoroughly before using it.
- Attach the string around the holes on a drilled egg.
- Check it thoroughly for any cracks or chips.
- Smudge it or add a little lubricant if you feel like you need one.
- Tilt the egg until the smaller part is facing down. This should be the side with the string.
- Find a comfortable position, spread your legs apart, and insert it gently with the larger part going in first.
- Push it in gently as you would a tampon.
After performing the exercises, pull the string gently until the egg comes out. Stand on a soft surface so that the egg doesn’t break if it falls out accidentally.
Be sure to clean it thoroughly afterward and air dry it. The string is particularly vulnerable to bacteria and germs, so ensure that you clean it very thoroughly after use. If possible, replace it after every use. Keep the egg in a clean place.
Conclusively, yoni eggs are not quite as mysterious as they sound. You only need to make sure that you have purchased an authentic egg in the right size, and the rest will fall in place real quick.
With time, you can learn how to incorporate exercises such as yoni yoga, meditation, and breathwork into your daily practices.
Also, make sure that you clean your egg as often as possible and keep it in a safe place where it won’t fall and break.
Finally, make sure that you get a go-ahead from your doctor if you have any reason to be concerned about your safety when using a yoni egg.
About The Author:
Valentine K. is a student of life and lead content writer for YAW. Valentine makes health and wellness fun and education through her insightful writing.