The Korean wave hit the world by storm and continues to spread, impacting Hollywood entertainment, and the beauty industry. Their meticulous skincare routine, popularly known as the K-beauty regimen, even drew loyal following from A-list celebrities like Kate Hudson and Drew Barrymore. This skincare routine consists of at least eight steps and requires the use of different products to achieve a youthful, glasslike complexion.
If you are thinking of ordering a Korean skincare box filled with essential products to get you started on K-beauty habit, here are the vital things you should know first about the subject.
What is Korean Skincare?
Korean skincare is all about taking care of the skin. Instead of layering different foundations and concealers to hide skin issues, Koreans use the art of layering to improve skin condition. A typical Korean skincare box contains different beauty products that must be applied one after the other to achieve remarkable results.
The foundation of beauty in Korean skincare is a healthy complexion, which is why Koreans invest valuable time and money to care for their skin properly. This philosophy is part of their culture. From the food they eat to the innovative skincare products they develop, it is very evident that the focus is ensuring they have good skin.
What are the Steps to K-Beauty?
While the K-beauty habit ranges from eight to as many as 12 steps, here are the essential components of this skincare regimen:
- Double Cleansing. The regimen starts with cleansing your facial skin two times. Instead of merely using a cleansing wipe to remove dirt and excess oil, you will use an oil-based cleanser first. For the second cleansing, you will be using a water-based cleanser to help get rid of other impurities.
- To remove dead skin cells that make complexion dull and lifeless, you also need to exfoliate. Note, however, that the exfoliating product should be mild and gentle so as not to harm the outermost layer of the skin.
- Another critical step in the regimen is toning. This step is necessary to remove any dirt and oil residue and to balance the pH levels of the skin. Toning will also help in preparing your complexion for the succeeding steps.
- Eye Care. The skin around the eye area is thin and sensitive, which is why it needs extra attention. You will need an eye make-up cleanser and eye cream for this purpose.
- Skin Treatment. For this step, you will need a serum or essence to brighten your skin and lock the moisture in. Likewise, you may apply an ampoule that contains ingredients that can address your specific skin problems.
- As with cleansing, moisturizing is carried out using two different products. For the first one, you will need a mask made with natural ingredients to reinvigorate and nourish the skin. Follow this up by coating a layer of moisturizer for extra hydration.
While K-beauty is relatively new to the country, its proven results have regarded for generations in South Korea. Look for shops that offer a skincare box packed with products that will help you get started on your Korean skincare program.
About The Author:
This is Kevin, a full-time professional blogger. He loves to travel and try new food, surfing and definitely a music addict. He also loves to write on trending ideas on various topics that prove helpful to others with their personal and business works.