Physiotherapy is a health technique used to cure people affected with pain due to some kind of illness, injury, or disability caused by exercise or wrong movement. It promotes health and fitness for a better well- being.
The therapy works on the science of movement. In addition to that, this practice helps people to expand their physical strength and overcome any kind of dysfunction caused by the pain. It is suitable for all ages, as it encourages patients to manage and recover from their illness and help them to remain independent after the treatment.
Physiotherapy profession is a degree-based profession that comes under healthcare. The physiotherapists are skilled in figuring out the injury and treating them. Moreover, this treatment cures various ailments that are listed below: –
- It can cure strokes, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s that comes under Neurological disorders. In addition, it helps in treating patients with damaged spinal cord or brain resulting from trauma.
- Orthopedic problems such as arthritis and amputations can be cured with the help of physiotherapy.
- Musculoskeletal problems such as back and neck pain are treated with the help of physiotherapy.
- Cardiovascular cases such as chronic heart diseases and rehabilitation after the heart attack is usually done by physiotherapy techniques.
- Respiratory problems such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases can be cured with physiotherapy techniques.
- Women’s health concerns through physiotherapy treatments involve pregnancy, breastfeeding, bedwetting, menopause, prolapsed, loss of bladder or bowel control, etc.
- It helps in relieving patients with any kind of pain resulting from any treatment or injury.
Role of Physiotherapist
Physiotherapy is a profession based on science to ensure the well- being of the patient. It takes into consideration the general lifestyle of the patient. As this therapy involves direct participation by the patient, it ensures that the patients are sensitized through education, empowerment, and awareness in taking care of themselves. Thus, in turn, it helps them to recover faster. On the other hand, this treatment is beneficial all lifelong.
Physiotherapist cures back pain or sudden injury and manages the treatment of any kind of long-term medical conditions like asthma, childbirth, orthopedic, chronic pain, neurological, cardiorespiratory, etc. Besides, they also treat the sportsperson during an injury in the sporting event.
Various techniques come under physiotherapy, a variety of techniques are used depending on the nature of the injury. Let us have a look at some of the techniques: –
- Manual manipulation- The movement of joints and soft tissues helps to improve the blood circulation, drained body fluid with this technique. It also helps in the relaxation of tight muscles or muscles with spasms.
- Electrical nerve stimulation- In this technique small electrical current are applied to areas affected by the pain. This, in turn, blocks all the pain signals that are transferred to the brain. As a result, the patient is relieved from the pain.
- Acupuncture- In this technique needles are used to minimize pain and functionally improve the muscles by releasing pain. The immune system and various body functions can be regulated with the use of this technique.
- Demonstration- Making patients learn various movement patterns of the body to help them to recover by helping themselves.
- Functional testing- This technique helps to determine the endurance and physical abilities of the patient.
- Device provision- This involves prescription, fabrication, and application of the necessary equipment as required.
Physiotherapy has consistently increased over the years and many people opt for this physiotherapy treatment, as it is economical and the services are easily available. This technique, when applied on body improves the overall set up and in turn, makes the patient turn hale and hearty.
Disclaimer: All images are provided by the author.
About The Author:
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosophers, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Google+ and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.