If you are sitting in your living room and you notice that water is dripping from your head, it can only mean one thing. And no, it is not water coming from your leaky pipes. It is sweat from your forehead that is telling you to go and refresh yourself because the summer season has finally arrived!
Of course, when the seasons change, you’d be tempted to make changes in your daily routines to ensure you feel fresh all the time. It may be through internal ways like clearing your mentality or through physical aspects, such as decluttering your surroundings and physical space. It is only by then that you can confidently say, “I am ready for you, Summer! Bring on the heat!”
But even if you can enjoy the summer heat, sometimes, a refreshing drink is more than enough to cool you down. For that, we have decided to share with you the coolest coconut smoothie recipes that will surely satisfy your seemingly unquenchable thirst!
Let’s start with one “berry” coconut smoothie that is bursting with coconut and berry flavors! Never knew that these two would make such a great tandem. Here you go.
1. A “Berry” Coconut Smoothie
- ½ cup frozen berries, mixed
- ½ cup frozen bananas, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup red lentils, cooked and cooled
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk beverage
- 1 Tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 3 ice cubes
- In a blender, put the ice cubes, lentils, berries, coconut milk, banana, shredded coconut, and honey.
- Blend until the texture becomes smooth, ideally for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour into a clear glass and garnish with more berries and shredded coconut if desired.
- Serve cold.
Wait, there’s more! We know not all of you loves berries. So, we thought maybe you’d like a minty yet coconut-ty smoothie? Here you go.
2. Minty Coconut Smoothie
- 1 pc. apple
- ½ of a banana
- 1 handful of spinach
- 10 grams mint
- A Handful of Ice
- 200 ml. coconut water
- Remove the core of the apple and slice it into small pieces.
- Peel the banana and slice it into chunks.
- Get the leaves of the mint from the stem.
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender for 1 minutes.
- Serve in a glass and top with your favorite ingredients.
Now, how about a smoothie with pure coconut goodness? It’s the taste of pure coconut goodness in one glass! Try it to taste the difference. We are very confident that it will not disappoint!
3. Pure Coconut Smoothie
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ cup unsweetened milk
- ½ cup coconut flesh, freshly grated
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 pc. banana
- Combine the coconut water and the coconut flesh in the blender and blend for a minute until they become smooth.
- Slowly add the milk and the banana. Blend again for 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed ice and the ice cream. Blend for another 30 seconds until it becomes frothy.
- Pour into desired serving glasses. Enjoy!
Last, but definitely not the least. Here is a tropical smoothie that will not just quench your thirst, but will also cleanse you on the inside. If you love the flavor of the tropics, there’s no doubt you’ll love this!
4. Tropical Coconut Smoothie
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- 1 (6 ounces) coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsps. coconut meat, freshly shredded
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- desiccated coconut, toasted (for toppings)
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, crushed ice, coconut yogurt, coconut meat, and pineapple chunks.
- Blend for at least 30 minutes until ingredients become smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into serving glasses and top with toasted desiccated coconut.
- Serve cold.
Instead of reaching for a glass of beer or going to the beach, we suggest you make any of these refreshing coconut smoothies. They are all light but packed with flavors. Serve them to your kids or your loved ones. Either way, they are guilt-free summer treats! Therefore, you would never have to worry drinking all of them. They are good for the body and undeniably refreshing, too!
About The Author:
Catherine finds joy in the simplest things. Her passion for traveling is equally matched by her love for animals. When she’s at home, you can find her in her room writing about her travel experiences or outside the house playing with her fur babies. Whenever she’s in the mood for experimenting, you can see her in the kitchen trying out new recipes, most likely desserts. Despite her busy lifestyle, she makes sure to spend time with friends, participating in various charity works and running for a cause.
She shares her expertise about nutritious and organic foods like coconut oil on her blog Free Coconut Recipes. Find out what she’s up to by following her social media accounts, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.