Brain power, also known as intellectual capacity, is our ability to think intelligently or make effective use of our brain. Unfortunately, a fact that makes many people unhappy is that we are limited to the levels of intelligence and brain capacity we are born with.
However, experts at BrainEnhancementAdvisor.org, a website that offers objective reviews of cognitive enhancers and nootropics like Focus Formula, say that optimizing brain power and cognitive function is possible with the consumption of brain supplements and memory pills.
In the meantime, here are some things you can try to enhance your cognitive function.
6 Tips to Increase Your Brainpower
- Use Focus Pills & Supplements: Brain supplements like Focus Formula, with healthy ingredients like DHA and omega-3 fatty acids for cell membrane health, can help energize the brain and improve its functioning in terms of memory, concentration, and mental focus. This brain supplement also contains vitamins C, E, B6, B12, and folic acid, along with soybean phosphatides complex (lecithin), DMAE, eleuthero root extract, Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract, alpha-lipoic acid, Gotu kola leaf extract, vinpocetine, huperzine A, and a brain food blend consisting of spinach leaf and blueberry juice, for brain maintenance and enhancement.
- Exercise As Much As You Can: When you exercise, your brain is stimulated. This promotes cognition, which leads to better memory, increased attention span and focus, while also protecting the brain against degeneration. Such brain health leads to a healthy and productive life in the long run.
- Spend Some Time in the Open: Working within the confines of an office, cut off from nature due to the air conditioning that is on 24×7, we don’t even realize that our brain health is being affected. Your brain needs adequate levels of vitamin D to perform better. This nutrient also slows down the aging of the brain. It is, therefore, recommended to spend some time out in the open, at least once a week.
- Do Meditation: According to an article published by Lifehack, when we meditate, the sizes of key regions of our brain improve and the memory becomes more efficient. Practicing meditation for long literally changes the anatomy of the brain for good and extends cognitive longevity, thus offering dozens of positive benefits, including a reduction in stress levels, which prevents age-related disorders such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Take Enough Sleep: A good night’s sleep is important for your overall well-being. However, by triggering changes in the brain that solidify memory, sleep also improves mental health. Adequate sleep puts individuals in the right state of mind to take in information, process it and retain it for long. Moreover, sleep helps to create novel concepts by strengthening connections between brain cells, pulling together the existing pieces of knowledge.
- Consume a Brain-Friendly Diet: Our brain requires certain nutrients, such as antioxidants and amino acids, just like the other parts of the body, to remain healthy. Foods like nuts, blueberries, whole grains, avocados, wine, etc., are known to improve cognitive function.
All these habits work great for improving your brainpower but take the time to show results. On the other hand, Focus Formula reviews say that this memory pill, if consumed regularly, will begin to show results within about 3 months or so. Of course, the results will differ from person to person. Being formulated with natural ingredients, these nootropics and brain pills are worth a try, since they claim not to have any harmful side effects.
About The Author:
I’m John, a New York-based Health writer by profession and love of a healthy lifestyle, nutrition therapy, wellness, and preventive care.