Most people love sports whether young or young at heart. The sports vary from indoor-bound to outdoor games. There are so many types of sports that are present today and picking the right one for yourself can be a challenge.
Again there are sports for different age groups, and there are those that can be played by everyone. In this case, we will look at racquet related games that are best for different people.
Moreover, we will take a look at the healthiest racquet sport for you. For starters, take a look at the following games before we land on the best one.
Tennis is a well-known game that is enjoyed in most parts of the world. It is especially popular in Australia hence Australia opens.
It is a game that is played by people from different age groups and can be played by all ages.
Either two people or four can play the game. Players in this game use racquets to hit a ball above the net to get to the other side.
According to scientific research, it has been proven that one hour of tennis can burn up to 600 calories for men while women burn 420 calories. This helps in weight control and loss. (See also: The Top 5 Health Benefits Of Playing Tennis)
The following are some of the benefits of playing tennis:
- Increases bone density.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Improves metabolic function.
- Reduces body fat.
- Improves muscle tone and strength.
- Increases flexibility.
- It is a non-impact sport.
- It is an excellent way to spend time and make friends.
- Suitable for most people from different skill levels and ages.
- Does not depend on strength or youth.
2. Ping pong
Ping pong is another name for table tennis. The game is equally easy to play and has become so popular.
It can also be played by people from different age groups and skill levels. You can either play singles or doubles just like it is in the case of tennis.
The sport can be played as a first-rate or slow rate game and involves the use of racquets. It is an ideal way to burn calories, and these are some of its benefits:
- Helps to develop the mind due to its fast pace that encourages agility.
- Helps to boost general body reflexes.
- It does not hurt the joints.
- Playing the sport helps to boost coordination between the hand and eye.
- Helps to socialize with people and make new friends.
- Helps to improve communication and relationships with people.
- Keeps the brain sharp.
- Improves overall balance in the body.
- Stimulates the brain to perform optimally.
- Helps one to keep fit.
Another racquet sport is badminton. It is a bit similar to tennis in the sense that it offers numerous benefits for its participants.
It can also be played in singles or doubles by all age groups and skill levels.
The following are some of the benefits of the sport:
- Helps one to develop athleticism.
- It is a great physical fitness tool.
- Increases the muscle tone.
- Helps to build relationships and communication.
- It has psychological advantages.
- Helps to boost the overall health of an individual.
- Boosts flexibility and agility.
- It is an effective weight loss plan.
- It has been proven to prevent diabetes.
- For mobility purposes.
This sport was first seen publicly in 1965.
In essence, it is a cross between badminton, tennis and ping pong. It is a game that has easy rules and is involving the participants.
Aside from the numerous benefits below, the sport can be played by all age groups but is preferable to age adults. The challenging part is here to choose the best pickleball paddle.
Cause there are numerous factors to check before you have your paddle. Picking the wrong pickleball paddle can cause you injury during the playtime.
- Helps to improve cardiovascular health.
- Toughens and strengthens the muscles.
- Helps in weight loss and control.
- Reduces the stress levels in an individual.
- Helps to enhance brain function.
Racquetball is an indoor sport that can be played by people from different age groups. It has a myriad of benefits as follows:
- Helps to strengthen the bones and muscles.
- It helps in the burning of fat and calories.
- Boosts cardiovascular health.
- Helps to improve balance and coordination.
- It enhances flexibility.
- Boosts mental agility.
- Improves hand to eye coordination.
- Puts the whole body into action.
- Helps to socialize and communicate.
- Reduces stress levels.
All the racquet games above are good depending on the age group or preference. However, the best game that stands out among all of them is badminton. This is because people from all age groups can play it and it is easy to learn. It also has the flexibility of playing location. (See also: 5 Unexpected Ways to Accelerate Your Sports Performance)
About The Author:
George Skyler is the founder of Racquets World. An experienced sports blogger who stops at nothing until a good job is done. He has all the knowledge related to racquet sports and always up to deliver the quality information to his sports audience. His jobs have been praised by most sports lover who has appreciated the articles that he has written.